Rhino Original Turnout
- Waterproof and Breathable
- 1000 Denier Polypropylene Outer
- Nylon Lined
- Straight Front Closure System
- Front Leg Arch
- Classic Original Neck Design
- Fill Available: Lite (No Fill - Navy/Tan Chek with Tan), Medium(200g - Navy/Tan Check with Navy), Heavy (370g - Navy/Tan Check with Tan). This listing is for the Lite 0g horse blanket. To see the listings for the medium or heavy weights, please see the first related products group at the bottom of the page.
As with all the other rugs in the Rhino Turnout Family it takes advantage of Horseware's unique Barrier Technology where AquaTrans coating, instead of being applied directly to the outer fabric, is applied to a super smooth barrier fabric which is layered underneath making it fully Breathable and Waterproof. The outer fabric is very efficient and lightweight made from a polyester ripstop construction.
A patented front leg arch allows for the rug/blanket to be wrapped deeper around the belly without causing restriction behind the elbow which ultimately can put pressure on the shoulder.
The Polypropylene is a thermoplastic polymer, used in a wide variety of applications, including food packaging, textiles, plastic parts and reusable containers of various types, laboratory equipment, loudspeakers, automotive components, and polymer banknotes. Polypropylene fabric does not retain moisture, which makes it a popular choice for the outer shell of turnout blankets/rugs. It is also used for binding or webbing. Worth noting: Polypropylene fabric has a relatively low melting point, so you'll want to avoid putting it in the dryer.